The International Defense Exhibition and Conference is a pre-eminent defense expo. This tri-services defense exhibition is held in the capital of the UAE. IDEX is considered as the most significant arms and defense technology sales exhibition of the Middle East.
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center UAE
International Defense Exhibition Organizers:
- Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Company.
- Tawazun Economic Council.
- Ministry of Defense United Arab Emirate.
IDEX is held after two years. This edition was carried from 19 Feb to 24 Feb 2021. The Next edition will be held in Feb 2023 as per the program.
International Defense Exhibition Popularity:
IDEX has achieved enormous popularity worldwide. The global number of participants was 45,000 in the year 2009. While, in the 2019 edition, there were more than 110000 attendees of the expo. The number of companies that participated was 1250, according to the official statistics.
Companies like SAAB, Lockheed, and Airbus Group set their stalls in the exhibition, which shows the expo’s credence and reputation. There are millions of Dollar contracts signed between the world militaries and the defense companies every edition.
Naval Defense and Maritime Exhibition are also incorporated in the IDEX. The first edition of NAVDEX was held in 2011. Envoys from world Navies and Defense ministries honored the 6th edition of NAVDEX.
International Defense Conference (IDC):
The International Defense Conference is also an essential component of this event. This edition’s IDC was held on 20 Feb 2021. International defense experts and professionals participated in the conference.
- Twenty-four international experts from 24+ industries.
- 400 on-ground participants.
- 2800 professionals connected virtually.
IDC Agenda Points:
The conference agenda points for the 2021 edition were as follows.
- Exploring innovative opportunities in supply chain ecosystem management beyond covid-19
- Protecting AI and 4iR technologies in the age of collaboration and diffusion
- Cyber security resilience
Strengthening defense industries